Radio Frequency (RF) Technology for the Twenty-First Century
Securus Monitoring Solutions has a rich history of innovation in the electronic monitoring industry. Continuing in that tradition, we have brought much-needed technological advancements to radio frequency (RF) electronic monitoring solutions with the introduction of our latest version of BLUhome®, our stalwart home-based RF receiver.
RF technology remains an integral and heavily relied upon component of electronic monitoring programs across the U.S. Knowing this, we took the initiative to upgrade our RF technology to include features that leverage the most up-to-date technology including:
- A fully-integrated biometric fingerprint scanner
- GPS capabilities for additional location recognition
- 4G (LTE) cellular modem for data and voice communication
- 2.25” x 3.75” Touchscreen back-lit LCD display
The addition of the biometric fingerprint scanner and GPS capabilities provide agencies with the ability to verify the location of both the enrollee and the BLUhome device at regularly scheduled intervals. In the event that BLUhome detects that the enrollee has moved out of RF detection range, the device emits an audible notification requiring the enrollee to prove they are present by authenticating their identity via the biometric fingerprint scanner. If the enrollee fails to verify they are indeed present, BLUhome alerts the agency via VeriTracks™, our web-based electronic monitoring and reporting platform.
What’s more, BLUhome also includes the standard features that agencies have come to rely on from the most reliable RF monitoring solution on the market today:
- Accurate recording of the date and time when enrollees enter and leave its RF signal range
- A built-in handset for two-way communication
- Adjustable RF signal range
- In the event of a power interruption, internal backup battery powers the unit for up to 72 hours
- Built-in memory stores approximately 10,000 events
- Seamless integration with BLUband™, our one-piece ankle-worn transceiver and BLUtag®, our one-piece GPS ankle-worn solution